About RSL Money
Feel safe with RSL Money
You can rest easy knowing that RSL Money is operated by Australian Military Bank. Australian Military Bank is an Authorised Deposit Taking Institution with funds under management over $1 Billion. Australian Military Bank operates in accordance with the Banking Act (1959) and is regulated by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). Deposits with RSL Money up to $250,000 are covered under the Australian Government Guarantee Scheme.
Security features on your Visa Cebit and Credit cards
All RSL Money Visa Credit and Debit cards are modern security chip cards that are protected in a number of ways as outlined below.
Visa's Zero Liability Policy
Your RSL Money cards are covered under Visa’s Zero Liability policy. With Visa's Zero Liability policy, you won’t be held responsible for fraudulent charges or unauthorised purchases made with your card or account information*.
Vigil Around the Clock Monitoring
RSL Money cards are protected by Vigil, a near real time fraud solution providing round the clock, 24/7 monitoring of all card based transactions. These transactions include ATM’s, EFTPOS and online Visa purchases with a rule library constantly being updated to respond to ever changing trends in the marketplace. In the event that a suspicious transaction is detected, you will be contacted by the Vigil team to confirm the legitimacy of that transaction.
The ePayments Code
RSL Money members are protected under the ePayments Code. The ePayments Code regulates consumer electronic payment transactions, including ATM, EFTPOS and credit card transactions online payments, internet and mobile banking, BPAY and new technologies such as Visa payWave.
The ePayments Code is designed to cover all types of electronic funds transfers including:
- Withdrawing or depositing at an ATM
- Buying goods or services on EFTPOS
- Buying goods or services with a credit card (when using a PIN)
- Computer/mobile phone internet banking
- Telephone banking
- Transactions using stored value facilities such as prepaid phone cards.
*Visa's Zero Liability policy does not apply to ATM transactions, transactions not processed by Visa or certain commercial card transactions.
Safe and secure with Visa payWave
Visa payWave-enabled cards are just as secure as any other Visa chip card and carry the same multiple layers of security protection. Some of the security features of Visa payWave are outlined below:
- Your card never leaves your hand during the transaction
- Ultra short read range - cards can only be used within less than 4cm of the card reader
- Unique in-built secret "keys" that generate cryptograms to uniquely identify each transaction
- A secure microprocessor on the card
- The Visa payment network automatically detects and rejects any attempt to transmit the same information more than once
- Your name and three digit security codes are never transmitted during a payWave transaction.
Keeping safe with your Online Banking
RSL Money uses industry-standard VeriSign Class 3 encryption to help keep you safe while transacting with us online.
Each time you connect to Online Banking your browser is sent a digital certificate. This certificate securely identifies the site you are connecting to, and is used to establish the encrypted session. You can confirm your Online Banking session is encrypted by the appearance of a "lock" symbol at the foot of your browser.
If you notice any unusual transactions on your account, please contact us immediately on 1300 000 775.